Occupational Therapy utilises a holistic approach to help clients with problem areas. Our Therapists adopt a 'sensory integrative' approach to address problems with behavior, learning and normal daily functioning.
What Services Are Available?
- Sensory integration therapy;
- Developmental facilitation for babies and young children;
- Play and/or emotional development intervention;
- Movement and motor skills facilitation;
- Visual perceptual skills facilitation
- Therapeutic Listening to address auditory processing issues;
- Organisational, planning and memory strategies;
- Therapy for children - including home & school vists to provide coping strategies;
- Parent and baby/toddler groups to encourage optimal development of the young child.
- Registered with FaHCSIA to provide services for clients on the ASD spectrum
- Small group therapy programs
- Joint Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology sessions
Who Can Benefit From This Approach?
Babies, toddlers, children and teenagers not coping with the demands of everyday life at home, at school or at work, including:
- High levels of anxiety;
- Poor concentration and/or attention;
- Clumsiness, poor motor skills;
- Poor sensory processing;
- Difficulty with planning/organizing personal space, a typical day or objects in a room, desk or bag;
- Sleeping issues.
- Toileting issues
- Clients diagnosed on the ASD spectrum
- Clients diagnosed with ADHD or ADD
- Clients diagnosed with Sensory and / or Auditory Processing issues.
Medicare and private health fund
Your doctor, psychiatrist or paediatrician may determine that you meet criteria for referral through the Medicare scheme. It is possible to claim Medicare rebates for individual and group occupational therapy sessions with a specific referral. Please contact your private health fund to discuss your personal eligibility to claim occupational therapy sessions.
Information is available on the occupational therapy, Australia website (www.ausot.com.au).