What is Exercise Physiology?
An Exercise Physiologist is a university trained practitioner with special training in health assessment, clinical exercise prescription, injury rehabilitation, health education and the delivery of exercise-based health, lifestyle and behaviour modification programs. These changes help to prevent and manage chronic diseases, their risk factors and/or injury.
Exercise Physiologists can help you:
• To full recover from injury or surgery using tailored exercise programming to strengthen and stabilise the affected area.
• Increase general fitness, strength, endurance and flexibility using scientifically based principles and programming.
• Manage conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity and metabolic syndromes.
• Manage chronic postural problems using exercise intervention.
• Use scientific weight loss understanding to tailor a safe exercise program just for you.
• Improving balance and strength to reduce falls risk.
• To decrease stress and anxiety via prescribing appropriate exercise regimes.
• With sports specific assessment, training programmes, advice and technique guidance.
• Assistance with DVA, Workcover and Medicare based case management.